Керамические миски (кандийки). Украинцы. Полтавская губ, Зеньковский уезд, м. Опошня. Начало XX в. Фонды РЭМ.
The jug was received from the G. Levin’s collection in 1990. In was made in the 1950’s by a well-known potter Anna Roshchibiuk. The ban’ka is produced in the tradition of the indigenous ceramics from Kosovo, a major Transcarpathian center of this craft.Ban’ka jus were used to hold vegetable oil. They differed from ordinary jugs in having narrower necks with slightly raised ‘collars’ on them